Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a list of names and addresses?

NO. We do not give out names and addresses to the general public. This information is shared with public service agencies, but only for their official duties.

FAQ Category: Addressing
I do not receive mail at my structure, why do I still need a 9-1-1 address?

9-1-1 needs to have a locatable address for every structure that could potentially call 9-1-1. Even if you receive mail at a Post Office Box or from another location you must still have a 9-1-1 address so you can be located in an emergency. Your 9-1-1 address is also used for package delivery services.

FAQ Category: Addressing
What about mail that goes to my old address?

The Postal Service will continue to deliver to your old address for a period of up to one year after you are issued a 9-1-1 address. It is your responsibility to contact everyone you correspond with to provide them your new address. This includes the tax office, banks, magazine subscriptions, utility companies, and all others that send you any mail. The United States Postal Service (USPS) has address change forms that may be used for this purpose.

FAQ Category: Addressing
My address may be incorrect or is out of sequence with my neighbors, who I do contact?

Contact the Pike County 9-1-1 Business Office 334-670-6600 with as much information as possible about your address and your neighbors. Ex. Your address, your neighbors' address on both sides.

FAQ Category: Addressing
Do I have to change my address on my driver’s license, vehicle tag, checks, and deed right away?

No, as with correspondence, change when it is time to renew (driver’s license, vehicle tag) or re-order (checks). A deed has a legal description of the property in question and therefore a 9-1-1 address does not effect that document in any way.

FAQ Category: Addressing
What is a private drive?

A private drive is any road, path or driveway which serves 3 or more addressable structures and is not maintained by a governmental entity or agency through the use of public funds.

FAQ Category: Addressing
Who can I call to report missing, damaged, or incorrect street signs?

Contact the Pike County 9-1-1 Business Office at 334-670-6600.

FAQ Category: Addressing
The street sign is missing, who will put a new one up?

Where you live determines what government entity maintains street signage. If you live within the city limits of a municipality, that municipality maintains those street signs. If you live outside a municipality, Pike County maintains those street signs. No matter where you live, you can always contact the Pike County 9-1-1 Business Office to report any issue with street signs and we will contact the appropriate government entity.

FAQ Category: Addressing
How could Smart 9-1-1 help me For EMS Related Calls?

Tell Smart911 about your family’s medical issues – like heart conditions, allergies and stroke history. This way when 9-1-1 receives a call, EMS will arrive with the appropriate equipment. For those who have a family member with Alzheimer's, Autism or who is deaf, this service helps as well. Instantly 9-1-1 knows the caller's condition and location without having to rely on verbal communication.

FAQ Category: Smart911
How could Smart 9-1-1 help me with Law Enforcement Related Calls?

Smart911 information can help law enforcement in numerous ways. Today when a child goes missing, it takes time for police to obtain a photo of the missing child. With Smart911 police will have that photo instantly and can begin a wide scale search sooner. 

FAQ Category: Smart911
How could Smart 9-1-1 help me with Fire Department Related Calls?

With Smart911, call takers can notify firefighters of exactly how many people live in your house - including pets - to ensure that everyone is rescued during a fire. Additionally, if you live in an apartment building, firefighters will not only know the address, but the floor and apartment number as well.

FAQ Category: Smart911
Is my information kept private by Smart911?

Your family's profile information is completely private and secure. The details you enter on Rave's secure and protected website are only shared with 9-1-1 dispatchers and first responders in the field, and only when you or your family members dial 9-1-1 from a phone number listed on the account.

FAQ Category: Smart911
Will someone help me with a Smart911 account?

YES - Call Pike County EMA 334.566.8272 or Pike County 911 334.670.6600. 

We are at the following locations from 9am - 2pm.

Goshen - 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Town Hall
Banks - 2nd Wednesday of each month at the Town Hall
Brundidge - 1st Thursday of each month at the old Dr. Goldman Office on Gilmore RD

FAQ Category: Smart911
​What type of alerts can I sign up for?

​Emergency Alerts

  • Emergency Notifications
    (you will receive ALL alerts if you select this)
  • Weather Warnings
  • Traffic Alerts
  • Missing Person
  • Law Enforcement Alert
  • Weather Watches
  • Fire Alerts

Non-Emergency Alerts

  • City of Troy
  • Town of Goshen
  • Pike County Commission
  • City of Brundidge
  • Preparedness Tips

We are working on adding more types of alerts so check back regularly.

    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts
    ​How can I receive alerts?
    • ​Text (Any cell phone with text service)
    • Voice (Any land line, VOIP line, or cell phone that has voice service)
    • Email
    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts
    ​What about warning sirens?

    ​Sirens are an older technology that are only intended to alert people outdoors within a 1 mile radius of the siren on a clear day. Sirens are only used for tornado warnings. Sirens are vulnerable to lightning strikes and are very expensive to replace and maintain.

    With a mass notification system such as Rave Alerts, Pike County is able to reach a much larger population and provide them with more types of alerts, and more information related to the alert. With Rave Alerts you can receive alerts indoors, outdoors, and even when you are on the go, depending on the form of communication that you have selected to receive alerts by. 

    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts
    ​How much does it cost?

    Alerts are provided by Pike County at no cost to the public; however, message and data rates may apply depending on your provider and phone services.

    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts
    ​Who can sign-up for Pike County Rave Alerts?

    ​Pike County Rave Alerts powered by Smart911 is available to anyone who lives, works, travels through, or visits Pike County. The address can be your home location, work location, or any other location you care about.

    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts
    ​Will I receive alerts if I don’t sign-up?

    No, not from Pike County Rave Alerts.

    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts
    ​When will I start receiving alerts?

    ​Once you have signed up online at to receive alerts and confirmed your contact information within the system, you will begin receiving alerts.

    FAQ Category: Rave Alerts