**Effective February 22, 2024 a plat must be submitted for any address request for a subdivision, commerical or industrial complex, or as requested by the 9-1-1 office to assist in the issuance of addresses.** 

While issuing addresses is not the most exciting thing we do, it is one of the most important. Without an orderly address system, it is very hard for your home or business to be located quickly during an emergency.

Please call 334.670.6600 with addressing questions. If we are busy with another call please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.

  • Each home and business in Pike County should have an address. When you move in, the address does not change. If the person you buy or rent from does not know the address, call our business office at 334.670.6600. We may determine the address over the phone if you know your new neighbors' names and addresses, and the correct road name.
  • If you are moving to a location that has never had an address, a new address number must be assigned. This requires us to drive to your new location to measure the address along the road. This will take at least 10 working days, so call as far in advance as possible. When you call 334.670.6600, tell us you need an address for a new structure. We will mail you a form to post where the structure will be so we can assign the address.

You may also submit your request using our on-line form.